State and local teams working together to develop a comprehensive Adult Career Pathways system must develop a multi-step process for implementation. The process must be ongoing, and should be revisited as programs grow and local, regional, and state systems evolve.
Some steps to consider when developing and implementing Adult Career Pathways are:
- Conducting a Gap Analysis to determine local workforce needs;
- Securing the support of appropriate leadership;
- Establishing key partnerships;
- Aligning education and training systems;
- Developing contextualized programs;
- Offering critical support services;
- Providing adequate funding;
- Delivering ongoing professional development; and
- Evaluating for continuous improvement.
Some of these steps can and should be conducted simultaneously.